Tema: God hou ons vas – Psalm 139 17 Januarie 2021 Somerstrand Youtube 09:00Continue Reading
In the opening pages of the Bible, God appoints humans to rule the world on his behalf. But when they rebel, the biblical story leads us on a search for a new humanity that will be God’s faithful partners, forever. This is the plot conflict of the biblical story that leads to Jesus, and we explore it in this final and seventh episode of our Spiritual Being series.
Theme: 6. The Satan and Demons
Summerstrand 1 September 2019 18:30
The storyline of the Bible presents a populated spiritual world, full of creatures who are in rebellion against their Creator, just like humans. Let’s look at the video for episode six of our series to learn more about the powers of spiritual evil in the story of the Bible.Continue Reading
- Spiritual Beings – introduction: we are not alone.
- Elohim – God is not alone.
- Divine Council – there is communication between God and Spiritual Beings, also between heaven and earth.
- Angels and Cherubim (and Seraphim) – they praise God and fulfil roles as messengers and missionaries for God.
Today we will look at a special angel, the Angel of the Lord.Continue Reading
Theme: 4. Angels and Cherubim
Summerstrand 18 August 2019 18:30
I begin with an overview of the essence and work of angels, cherubim and seraphim. Then I will focus on Acts 12 where an angel’s exceptional involvement in the life and ministry of Peter is told, as well as the manner in which an angel killed Herod because he did not honour God.
My focus is: “And the chains fell off his hands”. This story attest to the reality of angels and the power of prayer.
Video on the Angels and Cherubim
“Spiritual Beings are copyright 2019 by The Bible Project and are available for viewing at www.thebibleproject.com“.Continue Reading
Theme: 3. Divine Council
Summerstrand 11 August 18:30
We are not alone!
1. In the beginning God created two realms, the heavens and the earth. This is the setting for the story of the Bible.
We are more familiar with the human and earthly side of it. But there is another set of characters, the spiritual beings of the heavenly realm who also take part in this earthly story.
God is not alone!
2. One category of spiritual beings is the Elohim. They attest to the fact that we live in a god-congested universe. We focussed on two types of Elohim, the gods of the nations, and the gods of religion. And we heard that God is above those Elohim, He is the Elohim of the Elohim. As Paul says:
“For although there are many that that are called gods in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many gods and many lords) – yet for us there is One God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.” (1 Cor 8:5-6)
3. There is a fascinating group of Spiritual Beings that is called the Divine Council. Let’s look at the third of our videos on the Spiritual Beings.Continue Reading